|All India Federation of University & College Teachers' Organisations|
Election of office bearers of AIFUCTO at the Statutory Conference
By-Laws adopted by the NEC at its meeting held at Bhubaneswar on 23-3-09
1. Election will be held at the venue of the statutory conference on the third day.
2. The NEC will appoint a senior member present in the conference as the returning officer
3. Only those affiliates which clear all dues as on 31 st of the preceding March will be eligible to vote. Payment may be made till 4 PM on the first day of the conference in the election. Those affiliates which are affiliated after the 31st of the preceding March will have no right to take part in the election.
4. The general secretary will present the list of affiliates which have cleared their dues on the basis of list of paid up membership attested by the treasurer at 5 p.m of the first day of the conference.
5. General Secretary/President of each affiliate will submit to the returning officer in the letter head of the association concerned the names of the eligible voters of the affiliate concerned.
6. The list of the voters will be published on the second day at 11 AM.
7. Nominations are to be submitted up to 2 p.m of the second day.
8. Nominations will be scrutinized by the returning officer with the help of a team to be chosen by the NEC from among those who are not contesting the election .
9. Each nomination will be proposed by a voter and seconded by another voter.
10. Withdrawal will be permitted up to 4-30 p.m. of the second day. Withdrawal will be
made by the candidate concerned in writing and presented in person to the returning officer.
11. The list of contesting candidates will be published at 5. 30 p.m. on the second day.
12. Voting will take place, if necessary, on the third day between10 a.m and 1 p.m. by secret ballot
13. Counting of votes will take place after the voting is over and the results will be declared by the returning officer.
14. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the returning officer will be final.